The Healthcare and Medical industry and business segments are highly regulated and competitive. These organizations push the boundaries of the IT solutions they develop or deploy to improve efficiencies and margins, meet regulatory requirements, support standards for security, system integration, optimization and automation, robotics and evolving technologies.
Centralized Medical Solutions offers and range of products and services that apply to many industries outside its traditional customer base in the Healthcare industry. These products and services include business process management, content and digital asset management, robotic process automation and blockchain solution development.
Business Process Management platforms and solutions
Broadly defined, Business Process Management (BPM) is a discipline involving any combination of modeling, automation, execution, control, measurement and optimization of business activity flows, in support of business goals, spanning systems, employees, customers and partners within and beyond the enterprise boundaries.
- Within and beyond the enterprise boundaries recognizes that the enterprise is part of a larger system. Customers, suppliers, financial and insurance companies, regulatory organizations etc. are all part of an organization’s business processes, whether they are automated or not. Their interaction, along with those of employees should be considered as part of the end-to-end interaction.
- Modeling means that they would identify, define, and make a representation of the complete process to support communication about the process. There is no single standard way to model, but the model must encompass the process.
- Automation refers to the work that is done in advance to assure the smooth execution of the process instances. In many cases this means writing software, but it might include building machinery or even creating signage to direct participants.
- Execution meaning that instances of a process are performed or enacted, which may include automated aspects. Conceptually, the process instance executes itself, following the BPM practitioner’s model, but unfolding independent of the BPM practitioner.
- Control means that the there is some aspect of making sure that the process follows the designed course. This can be strict control and enforcement, or it might be lose control in the form of guidelines, training, and manual practices.
- Measurement means that effort is taken to quantitatively determine how well the process is working in terms of serving the needs of customers.
- Optimization means that the discipline of BPM is an ongoing activity that builds over time to steadily improve the measures of the process. Improvement is relative to the goals of the organization, and ultimately in terms of meeting the needs of customers.
CMS and its partners have been delivering business process management solutions for the past 10 years on a number of different BPM platforms from Alfresco, IBM, Metastorm, Pega and OpenText. In all cases the solutions have been integrated with other systems such as ERP, Supply Chain, Content and Records Management, Digital Asset Management, email, voice, OCR systems etc.
Enterprise Content Management
Content Management products enable more effective capture and manage the secure storage of all types of information — both structured and unstructured — and deliver it in context across any application, process or platform. It provides secure access to information from any device or location you can ensure that your people have the information they need, when and how they need it, to do their jobs and work more effectively. These offerings reduce the time spent looking for business-critical information and significantly improve productivity whilst also providing a richer user experience.
More than 80% of an organization’s data is unstructured data such as emails, contracts, invoices, engineering documents, patent records, production schedules, product information, marketing information, HR files etc., all forming part of a corporation’s digital assets.
ECM platforms manage the large variety of content and apply it more strategically to maximize the value of information throughout its lifecycle. Improve decision making, effectiveness, and business impact, while guaranteeing that enterprise information is secure and compliant with internal policies and external regulations.
In many cases the content life cycle is managed through workflows or business processes such as Case Management, Load Origination, Accounts Payable, Claims Management, HR onboarding etc.
CMS and its partners have been delivering solutions on different ECM platforms from Alfresco, OpenText and Documentum and in many cases integrating ECM with different BPM platforms.
Digital Asset Management
Digital asset management (DAM) offers an effective solution for enterprises to store, organize, find, retrieve and share digital files in an easy-to-use centralized digital library including images, photos, creative files, video, audio, presentations, documents and more. The platform provides managed and controlled access to these files to employees, clients, creative teams, contractors, producers and any other key stakeholders controlled to create, review, update and publish and delete digital assets.
The CMS PressPlay1 Digital Asset Management platform provides anytime, anywhere access to all of your digital media.
- Marketers can accelerate brand growth and increase brand consistency across all branded content. Create marketing materials with dynamic templates and easily distribute them to all your marketing offices around the world. They can repurpose your materials and modify them for their region’s language.
- Designers use PressPlay1 to optimize creative workflows. Being able to search and find files in seconds saves valuable time. Instead of searching for or recreating images, creatives can save time and resources by just repurposing assets.
- Sales teams can always have the most up-to-date materials they need — anywhere, anytime, from any device. PressPlay1 aligns sales with marketing to increase brand consistency. Everyone is happy with the resources they need.
- Agencies utilize PressPlay1 to provide a professional experience clients love. A branded web portal keeps creative files organized while matching your brand, ensuring a consistent look and feel when clients and users access it. Enable faster turnarounds to keep clients coming back for more.
- Distributors achieve success by always having the latest on-brand materials. Increase brand consistency and optimize the delivery process across your network.
The CMS PressPlay1 platform can be deployed on-premise or as a managed service in the CMS data center or in a cloud environment to provide secured 24/7 access to all of the business-critical files from any web device whether you’re at your desk, working from home or at a coffee shop halfway around the world. With the hosted deployments of PressPlay1, the IT departments don’t have to worry about cumbersome installations or deployments. PressPlay1 eliminates the need to manage onsite FTP servers, third-party file sending solutions or worry about file security.
CMS and its partners have been delivering the PressPlay1 platform since 2004, primarily in the Healthcare industry to securely manage medical dictation and transcription services, radiology and pathology images and reports as well as the repository for web and mobile online learning and training management systems.
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) systems are capable of mimicking many–if not most–human user actions. They log into applications, move files and folders, copy and paste data, fill in forms, extract structured and semi-structured data from documents, scrape browsers, and more.
RPA is also non-intrusive in nature, helping cut through the complexity of legacy systems, which are difficult and costly to replace.
RPA is another step in the evolution of business processes. It is the next logical step to significantly reduce the requirement for employees to perform classic rule based or high-volume activities. RPA enables employees to focus on more strategic tasks instead.
Many companies now regard RPA in the top 3 technology priorities along with Big Data. RPA helps organizations achieve massive productivity gains by enabling secure access to systems and data that would have taken months and years to build with classic system integration methods. It is one of the greatest sources of productivity for many large organizations.
RPA allows for rapid automation of repetitive processes with or without human intervention. Since RPA operates at the User Interface level, it does not bypass any of the existing user interfaces, access controls, data validation methods or back-end processing methods, even mainframe-based systems.
CMS and its partners have been delivering a number of RPA solutions since 2016 in the healthcare and financial services sectors. Combining RPA and BPM, existing and new business processes can now be further enhanced to rapidly access and update information to dramatically enhance operational performance, decision making, competitiveness, all at lower cost and improved customer satisfaction.